Wednesday, October 3, 2007

NeHe Lesson 22: Bump-Mapping, Multi-Texturing & Extensions

Oh, it's been a while from my last post. Been busy with the life outside of computers.

The next lesson has been done for a quite a while now, except for a small bug. When displaying the cube with mip-mapped textures the texture is not drawn for some reason. Today I got the drawing working, but it introduced a another problem. The fix was to remove the texture flipping and rotating code from the initGL function. This has the effect of displaying the logos upside down and as mirror images, but now the mip-mapped cube is displayed correctly.

If any of you has any idea how to fix this small problem, let me know so I can fix it. Otherwise I'll move on to the next lesson.

The NeHe's lesson can be found here.

Btw, I've kept the broken mip-map version in the repository as I think it's a smaller problem than upside down logos.